Helpful Information/Links

We consider every customer a valued customer! Our agency's goal is to meet and exceed our customer's coverage and service expectations. Our motto is to deliver "Old Fashioned Customer Service with Modern-day Solutions" With our agency's goal and motto in mind, we have been able to retain an average of 98% of our policy holders year in and year out.

In keeping with the spirit of the first part of our motto "Old Fashioned Customer Service" our agency staff will actively assist the agents with the day to day service needs of our customers. Every attempt will be made to return customer calls, emails and service needs in a reasonable time period and always in a professional manner.

To ensure our agency is providing the best possible service to our customers and meeting the second part of our motto which is "Modern-day Solutions" this section of our web site was developed for our valued customers. We encourage all customers whenever possible to utilize the information provided in this section of our web site. Below you will find helpful information on a variety of insurance topics:

[How to Report a New Claim]

If you experience a loss, please have your policy number ready, and then. . .

  1. You may contact a representative from our office at 1-888-829-6505 (ext. 5). Our agency recommends you contact us first. This will allow us to direct the claim to the proper department and ensure that your organization is contacted by a claims representative as quickly as possible.

If you do not get a return call from a member of our agency staff promptly, you may contact your carrier directly:

  • GuideOne at 1-888-748-4326
  • Philadelphia Insurance Company at 1-800-765-9749
  • Preferred Mutual Insurance Company at 1-800-333-7642
  • Utica National-For All claims except WC claims, call toll free at 1-800-216-1420. / For Workers Compensation claims, call toll free at 1-800-284-3806

Contact our agency if your carrier is not listed above.

  1. If you wish you, can mail or fax in a claim by completing the appropriate claim form supplied in your policy binder or you can download and print the forms here. Fax or mail the completed form with any additional documentation to our office at 215-723-7866 or our office mailing address.
  • Property Claims – Complete this form for any claims related to property damage of the insured building and/or contents. This form is also used for theft claims.
  • Liability Claims – Complete this form for any claims related to lawsuits (bodily injury, personal injury, liable and slander) and damage to others premises.
  • Medical Claims – Complete this form when any person is injured on the insured premises (except students and campers).
  • Workers’ Compensation – There are specific forms that need to be filled out based on the state in which the insured is located. Therefore, please contact our office directly to file a Workers’ Compensation claim so we can ensure the proper forms are completed to avoid delays in claims processing.
  • Automobile Claims – Complete this form for any automobile related claims.
  • Camper Medical Claims –Complete this form for any camper related medical claims.
  • Student Medical Claims – Complete this form for any student related medical claims.

Please be sure to use the proper claim form. Contact our office if you have any questions or concerns when completing a claim form.

Note: Group account customers should list the main policyholder as the insured on all claim forms followed by the name of the location.

[How to Follow-up on an Existing Claim]

The carrier’s claims department will immediately process your claim form and a servicing representative will contact you within one business day. If you are not contacted within that timeframe, please call our office at 1-888-829-6505 so that we may follow-up with the carrier for you.

[Helpful Hints for our Customers]

Adding a new Building to the Policy

We will need to gather the necessary information in person in most cases. Your organization can speed up the time frame by providing the following:

  • Physical address of the building & date you took ownership
  • Planned usage of the building
  • Age of the building and updates (such as age of roof, heating/ cooling system)
  • Type of construction
  • Purchase Price
  • Complete Mortgage information, if applicable. If the loan organization provided any written instructions, please forward them by fax to our office. Be sure to get their fax number and contact person's name

Insurance for Building Construction Projects (new building/additions & major renovations)

Contact our office as we will need to gather information on the planned construction project. Under this we would want to add an attached form like the claims forms. I have attached a copy.

  • Things to Consider before You Build: Builders Risk General Information
  • Supplemental Construction survey Form: In order to get a quote or to have our office add Builders Risk Coverage please have a representative of your organization or your General Contractor complete the Builder's Risk Application Form (as best they can and return to our office by fax, email or mail.

Certificates of Insurance

  • Requesting a Certificate of Insurance: In order to get a Certificate of Insurance issued correctly and promptly there is basic information that needs to be provided. Please review the form provided in your policy three ring binder under the “Miscellaneous” tab. You can simply call the information into our office or complete the form and fax it to our office at fax # 215-723-7866. If the organization requesting the certificate provided any written instructions, please forward them by fax to our office. Be sure to get their fax number and contact person’s name. Complete a Certificate of Insurance Request Form.
  • How to Read a Certificate of Insurance: Please read these Certificate of Insurance Instructions and view this Certificate of Insurance Sample.

International Advantage.Net Travel Insurance Now Available

International Advantage.Net offers valuable insurance benefits and assistance services to protect your organization and foreign ministry participants while they participate in foreign travel associated with your organization. This is GuideOne Insurance's most comprehensive package—providing liability, medical, travel, and security protection and services for employees, volunteers, students, and chaperones traveling outside the United States. View the resources below or call 1-888-829-6505 for more information.

Performing a Workers' Compensation Audit

Often our agents and customer service representatives get asked about what they need to include when competing a Workers' Compensation Audit. In order to better service our customers we have provided an attached document (Frequently Asked Worker's Compensation Q & A) that will help answer many of the typical questions we get asked.

Adding or Deleting Mortgagee

When you need to add or delete a Mortgagee please call our office with the following information. Complete name, address and fax number of mortgagee, loan number, and effective date. Please be sure to let us know if this replaces another mortgagee. If the mortgagee provided any written instructions, please fax them to our office.

Adding or Deleting an Automobile

When you need to add or delete a vehicle from your automobile policy, please call our offfice with the following information. Year, Make and Model of vehicle, Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), and the effective date of the change. When adding a new vehicle, we will use the same comp and collision deductibles as the other vehicles on your policy unless you tell us otherwise.

Adding or Deleting a Loss Payee for Leased Equipment or Vehicles

When adding or deleting a loss payee for leased equipment or vehicles, please call our office with the following information. Complete name, address and fax number of lender, loan number, and effective date. For leased equipment, we will also need the type of equipment, serial number and estimated replacement value. Please note, once the leased equipment is added to your policy, there is no need to purchase additional insurance from the leasing company. If the leasing company provided any written instructions, please fax them to our office.

[Insurance Providers]

  • SafeChurch

    SafeChurch offers the most comprehensive Risk Management resource available to churches.

    SafeChurch can help you discover how to make your church operations safer. The inspection and assessment tools provide you with safety improvement recommendations and project plans, access to a variety of resources to help make your ministry safer, and access to affordable background checks and online training specifically for churches. SafeChurch also provides a secure online way to discuss safety issues with others in your church community.
    Depending on the state your church is located in, SafeChurch can provide your organization with up to an additional 15% Risk Management Premium Credit. This is in addition to any other premium discounts and credits! This credit is currently available in MD, NJ, PA and OH.
[Additional Resources]
  • Church Restoration Group: Church Restoration Group (CRG), LLC restores historic and sacred spaces across the United States. CRG services clients with general construction and catastrophe response teams during events such as major flooding, hurricanes and other natural and man-made disasters. CRG has worked on over 400 buildings listed on the National Register of Historic Places and are nationally recognized in consulting and restoration. For more information, please visit

  • Industrial Appraisal Company
    • Website
    • Independent Building Appraisals
[Coverage Spotlight]

Hired and Non-Owned Automobile Liability

Whether your organization rent’s or borrows’ a vehicle, or simply ask someone to drive on behalf of your organization, you create a liability exposure for your organization. If the vehicle is involved in an “at fault” accident, your organization can and most likely would be named in the lawsuit. Your organizations Hired & Non-Owned automobile liability coverage is the type of liability insurance needed to protect your organization from lawsuits that may arise.

Hired and Non-Owned Automobile Liability is two part coverage;

  • The “Hired” part of the coverage refers to autos your organization leases, hires, rents, or borrows. The Hired part of the coverage does not include any autos your organization leases, hires, rents, or borrows from an employee or members.

  • The “Non-Owned” part of this coverage is liability coverage for a vehicle that are owned by an individual or organization (other than your organization), but is used on the organization’s behalf. It is intended for those “incidental” accidents such as those that might occur when the pastor goes visit an organization member in the hospital or an organization employee goes to the bank. Non-Owned auto coverage protects your organization in the event your organization is sued as a result of an auto accident that you or an organization’s employee or volunteer has in a personal vehicle while on organization business. Although most commercial Non-Owned Automobile coverage’s do not protect the employee or volunteer personally, but many of JPA’s insurance companies that specialize in insuring organizations, will provide excess liability coverage after the vehicles own liability insurance limit is used up.

The line between when someone who is driving on behalf of the organization verses driving themselves or others to an organization’s sponsored activity can (and often does) get blurred. In most cases if someone is driving themselves and others to an organization sponsored activity, they will not be covered under your organization’s “Hired and Non-Owned Automobile Liability”. For example, let’s say two members that happen to be neighbor’s decide to drive to the church together in order to save gas they will not be covered under your organization’s “Hired and Non-Owned Automobile Liability”. The reason they are not covered is because they are driving themselves and others to the activity and not driving on behalf of your organization for the event or activity.

Another situation that comes up from time to time with non-profits (especially churches and schools) is when a person agrees to chaperon a youth activity (for example) at a local theme park. However instead of driving with the group and taking any other adult or children (other than his or her own kids) the person drives his or her own vehicle to the event. That would not be a “Hired and Non-Owned Automobile Liability” because “Hired and Non-Owned Automobile Liability” does not cover when a person is driving themselves to an event or activity. Since they are driving themselves and no one else at the request of the organization, the “Hired and Non-Owned Automobile Liability” would not apply if they were to get into an accident. If the person stops at a family member’s house (or anywhere not related to the event) and gets into the accident, that would not be covered under “Hired and Non-Owned Automobile Liability”. Another situation that comes up from time to time is when a person drives themselves to the activity but on the way back if they took some of the miner’s home in their vehicle, then the Hired and Non-Owned Automobile Liability coverage would apply excess of their own automobile insurance limits.

Whether a church and or non-profit owns an automobile or has people drive their own vehicles to off premises activities, all non-profits should have Hired & Non-Owned automobile liability coverage. The following is the minimum recommended limits for Hired and Non-Owned Automobile Liability:

  • Each Occurrence $1,000,000
  • Annual Aggregate $3,000,000

It is also prudent to consider getting an Umbrella (excess) Liability policy with a (at minimal) of $1-Mil limit.

There is also another part of the Hired and Non-Owned Liability coverage and that is the physical damage coverage for vehicles your organization rents. This is not automatically included unless we are aware your organization typically rents vehicles. This can be added at any time. If your organization rents vehicles often and wants this coverage included, we typically would move the Hired and Non-Owned Automobile Liability coverage from your CPP and issue an Auto policy, even if your organization does not own a vehicle. The premium is based on how much your organization spends in a year’s time on rental vehicles. Since the premium is based on how much an organization spends on renting vehicles, I can only estimate the cost of adding physical damage.

However, while renting any vehicle it is important to know that certain things may not be covered. Most commercial policies (whether the coverage it is under the CPP or an Commercial Automobile policy) there is typically an exclusion for “Diminished Value” & “Loss of Use” on rental vehicles. The following provides a detail explanation of the typical exclusions;

  • Diminished Value is defined as that portion of a damaged vehicle's pre-Loss Value that has not been restored through the repair process. There are actually three (3) basic types of Diminished Value.
  • Immediate Diminished Value is the difference in resale value of a vehicle immediately before damage has occurred and immediately after damage has occurred (prior to repair). Most jurisdictions (courts) will use this standard as the primary measure of damage when courts are employed to seek reimbursement for damage from a negligent party. As courts are rarely the chosen venue for recovery of property damage, the standard of “Immediate Diminished Value” is rarely employed in resolving Property Damage claims.
  • Inherent Diminished Value assumes optimal repair quality has been achieved and is defined as the amount by which the resale value of a repaired vehicle has been reduced simply because the subject vehicle now has a significant damage history. “Inherent Diminished Value” is the most widely recognized and accepted form of Diminished Value. It is also the basis upon which any supplemental form of Diminished Value would be added. A common “Supplemental” form of Diminished Value is “Repair Related Diminished Value”.
  • Repair Related Diminished Value includes any additional amounts by which the resale value of a subject vehicle may be further reduced because of less-than-optimal repairs. This could include anything from minor cosmetic imperfections to major structural defects.
  • Loss of Use is a fee imposed by the rental car company on the customer to cover its lost income while the vehicle is out of commission from an accident even when the accident may not have been the customer’s fault. That said, we have found a few options to cover the exclusions of “Diminished Value” & “Loss of Use”;
  1. Your organization can add Auto coverage Symbol # 8 to your organizations Commercial Auto Policy. However many companies do not like to offer this option. The reason they hesitate adding this symbol (“ option”) is because it is almost impossible to track whether or not it is used for legitimate business purposes. That said, it can be added and at very little cost if any at all.
    When looking at the Business Auto Coverage Form you will feel like the symbols on the policy may seem like trying to learn a new language. That said, each symbol represents the type of protection the vehicle (or vehicles) have on the policy. The symbols on a policy are broken up into two categories, “Liability” and “Physical Damage”;

    • Liability Symbols: Most insurers that provide commercial auto coverage utilize the standard ISO Business Auto Policy (BAP). The policy utilizes a set of numbers to designate the types of autos you have elected to cover under your Commercial Automobile Policy. These numbers are called “covered auto designation symbols
    • Physical Damage Symbols: The Physical Damage Symbols (similar to the Liability Symbols) utilize the standard ISO set of numbers to designate the types of physical damage coverage an organization has under their Commercial Automobile Policy. It is in this section of the policy that shows what vehicles have collision and comprehensive coverage, towing etc….One such symbol (symbol # 8) “Hired“ Autos ” includes “only those autos you lease, hire, rent, or borrow” An automobile policy that has “Symbol- 8” under the Comprehensive and Collision section of the policy would have coverage for Comprehensive and Collision for Hired and Rented vehicles. Which means they would have “primary” coverage for Physical Damage for any leased or rented (Hired Cars) vehicles!

    Adding Symbol # 8 onto a commercial auto policy is not easy. The reason is it is often difficult for the company to know if the coverage is being abused and used by employees and volunteers in situations that are not truly within the scope of their duties on behalf of the organization. However we have written it for larger organizations like one national office we insure.
  1. We have found a pretty good way to be sure you are somewhat covered while renting vehicles and avoid some of the “gaps” that most commercial Hired and Non-Owned policies with regards to rental vehicles. By using an “American Express Gold Card” you can get coverage for most of the above mentioned gaps in the Hired and Non-Owned coverage provided by your organizations policy. Please understand we do not represent American Express, but we have learned about this during our own business travel. When you use an American Express Gold card your organization can decline the collision damage waiver at the rental car counter, you can be covered if the car is damaged or stolen. Each organization should read the important exclusions and restrictions. Not all vehicle types or rentals are covered. I have learned that coverage is not available for vehicles rented in Australia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, and New Zealand. Your organization should contact American Express to get a better understanding and specific details of the coverage that the American Express Gold Card provides.

Whether an organization owns a vehicle or has employees and volunteers drive, your organization should be careful and use caution when choosing drivers. Your organization should establish specific guidelines for non-owned vehicles being used for your ministry. The following are some examples:

  • Establish a list of drivers from your organization; ensuring only approved drivers operate vehicles. Most companies will only let drivers drive if they are between the ages of twenty-five to seventy.
  • If a driver is under the age of twenty-five and is a minister or youth minister leader many companies will allow them to drive.
  • No one over age seventy, unless they have a physical from a doctor and approved by the insurance companies Underwriting Department.
  • Your organization should want drivers of 15-passenger vans, to take a training course specific to 15-passenger vans. Our office can provide information on how this can be done online free of charge.
  • Carefully screen drivers to make sure they don’t have more than one minor moving violation in the past three years. Have them fill out a criminal or motor vehicle consent form and our office can do the MVR or Criminal record check for you for eight dollars per check.
  • Confirm personal insurance coverage on drivers who use personal vehicles for organization business or activities. Coverage should be obtained with a minimum of $100,000 bodily injury per person/$300,000 bodily injury per accident with $100,000 physical damage coverage.

I hope this letter and the related fact sheets help clear up what is covered under Hired and non-Owned Automobile Liability. As a reminder, in most case Physical Damage coverage for rental vehicles is not automatically on most organization’s policy, so your organization needs to request it be added to your agent if you would like that coverage included in your insurance program.

Should you have any additional questions about Hired and non-Owned Automobile Liability or any other area of your organization’s insurance coverage, please feel free to contact our agency and we will be happy to assist you in anyway we can!